Burning question? Need a quote? Looking for an expert?
I frequently respond to media requests for comments, expert opinion, or other analysis on astronomy or physics topics. Depending on my availability, I'm happy to discuss results, press releases, hot-off-the-presses papers, and general issues of science and academic culture.
Some of my favorite astro/physics topics to chat about -- with a general trend from expert to knowledgable-but-not-actively-researching -- are:
- dark matter
- the epoch of reionization ("cosmic dawn")
- galaxy formation and evolution
- black holes
- the early universe (including cosmic inflation)
- fundamental particle physics (theoretical and experimental)
- high-energy astrophysics (cosmic rays, neutrinos, gamma-ray bursts, etc)
- dark energy / cosmic acceleration
- the large-scale structure of the Universe
- Solar System exploration
- extrasolar planets (and prospects for extraterrestrial life)
I am also happy to discuss issues relating to science research funding, academic culture, science communication and outreach, and equity in STEM fields.